Strapless Kitesurfing Destinations
These KiteWorldWide destinationen are the most suitable ones for strapless kitesurfers and those who want to become such:
Learning strapless kitesurfing: Advantages and Disadvantages
Strapless Kitesurfen, eine neue Herausforderung für begeisterte Kitesurfer! Doch natürlich hat auch diese Art seine Vor- und Nachteile. Wir haben hier unsere drei Pro und Contra Strapless aufgelistet:
- You can place your feet in the optimum position for both surfing waves and going upwind.
- You can move your feet easily without having to put them in or take them out of foot straps.
- Your board cannot damage your knees or ankles by twisting them.
- If you fly your kite high, launch of a wave lip or broken white water, you will come off the board.
- Water starts are more idfficult until you learn the technique to perfect them..
- When you wipeout your board is loose in the waves and can collide with and injure you.
There are a few things you have to take care of course. We have listed some tips for you from our strapless expert Willow Beim Strapless Kitesurfen gibt es natürlich auch verschiedene Dinge, die beachtet werden müssen. Wir haben hier ein paar Tipps von Willow persönlich für einen perfekten Strapless Start aufgelistet:
Wax vs Pad:
- Wax has more of a surfing feel to it. Wax is nice because you can cover everywhere that your foot may shift, whereas sometimes if you using pads and you haven’t covered your whole board, you can slip and get pretty smashed.
- I personally prefer using pads, I like to know that I have got 100% grip the board when you hit the water. You never have to think about bringing wax to the beach or making sure your wax doesn’t melt in the sun between sessions.